Simple, quick, persistent drops of transformation.
Sculpting Projects are simple.
Sculpting Projects are quick, not time-consuming.
Sculpting Projects are powerful like continual tiny drops of water on sandstone.
Sculpting projects are simple, quick and powerful enough to transform.
Sculpting projects are also challenging. Very challenging.
We have 2-5 minutes most days. But remembering and choosing to use that tiny time for sculpting is difficult. Sometimes very difficult.
So simplify life and make sculpting a habit.
- Pick a daily activity that you already do that can include 2-5 more minutes.
- Have any needed materials handy (paper, etc.)
- Then do your sculpting project right then. No extra remembering or choosing.
When we turn our sculpting project into a 2-5 minute habit like brushing our teeth we will have a strong ally to aid our success. Habits remove the need for remembering and choosing. Our brains say “thank-you, you have made my work easier!” every time we form a habit.
We will be able to keep sculpting ourselves for a long time, drop by drop,
IF we keep it quick.
- If 2-5 minutes feels too long (an it can) then sculpt for 1 minute.
- If 1 minute feels too long then 30 seconds of sculpting will work.
- If 3 things is too many to think of, then think of 1 thing.
There is a time for long, grand spiritual projects, and by all means let’s do them too,
but this sculpting group is for simple, quick, persistent drops of transformation.
. . . let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus the author and finisher of our faith . . . Heb 12:1b-2a
Sculpting Project 14: Three More Things
Each day write down three things you love.
Communicate with others. Talk, post, write us a note.
Drop by drop sculpting ourselves to love God and others.