Cheri leads workshops, retreats, and small groups based on the Soul Sculpting projects and other topics. Upcoming events are listed below.
Five to Thrive – 6 Hour Retreat/Workshop
I am grateful to be alive. But the older I get the more I am saying to myself, “I do not want to just survive, I want to thrive.”
What will we do:
We will play five games to Thrive. These games (or if you prefer, exercises/practices) blend Christian practices with current research findings in psychology.
By the end of the day you will have experienced 5 games you can play any time that will increase your well-being and the well-being of everyone in your life.
- Game 1 Body- Mind Team
- Game 2 Flash Prayers
- Game 3 Three Bites of Pleasure
- Game 4 Lectio Divina with the Book of Nature
- Game 5 Talking Back
What to wear: Clothing you can move freely in. Shoes for walking.
What to bring:
1. A 3 minute story of a time or season of your life when you were ‘Thriving’. What were the characteristics of this time/season or what were contributing factors to this thriving?
2. Journal (if you use one).
3. Pot luck offering for lunch.
The Two Book Tradition 6-8 hour Retreat
The invisible aspects of God can be clearly seen by looking at the things He has made. Romans 1:20
Sacred writings are bound in two volumes: that of creation and that of the Holy Scripture.
Thomas Aquinas (1245-1274)
This retreat takes place in a location with access to nature.
We explore the Book of Nature in 5 sessions.
- Paying Attention
- Our Natural History Stories
- Lectio Divina- The Book of Nature
- Nature and the Arts
- Liturgy in Nature
Sessions include: Stories from historical and current Christians, psychology research on our relationship with nature, discussion, hands on activities and exercises.
For information or to learn more about bringing Cheri to one of your events, please complete this form.